Call for Nominations
Greater Victoria Regional Arts Awards returns to celebrate local artists and arts organizations
Victoria, Canada (August 30, 2022)—The fifth annual Greater Victoria Regional Arts Awards returns to celebrate and honour the diverse work of local artists and arts organizations from across the region over the last year.
A total of eight awards will be granted to local artists and organizations through the Professional Arts Alliance of Greater Victoria (ProArt) at the fifth annual regional arts awards ceremony on September 29, 6-8pm, at KWENCH, 2031 Store St, Victoria. “Arts and culture have been a resilient source of public engagement during the challenges of the past couple of years,” says ProArt Administrator Doug Jarvis. “Now is an excellent time to recognize the work that artists and arts organizations are producing and come together to acknowledge and celebrate arts and culture in the greater Victoria region.”
Nominations are open for the following awards:
(Links will take you to the Nomination Package & Form for each award)
- JAYMAC Outstanding Production Award – Made possible through a grant from the JAYMAC Fund held at the Victoria Foundation
- PARC Retirement Living Mid-Career Artist Award
- Witness Legacy Award for Social Purpose and Responsibility Through Art
- City of Victoria Creative Builder Award
- CRD Arts Commission Regional Impact Award
- John Mears Achievement in Music Award
The following awards and recognitions will also be presented at this year’s awards ceremony:
- UVic, Fine Arts Student Community Impact Awards – Selected by the Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Victoria
- ProArt Early-Career Artist Award – Selected by the 2021 PARC Retirement Living Mid-Career Artist Award recipient
- Tributes and Recognitions
The awards program is made possible through community support and sponsorship. The awards ceremony will be an in person gathering and celebration on September 29, 2022. More details for how to attend the event will be available on the ProArt’s website in September.
A completed submission package, including selection of the award for which you are submitting a nomination application, and the associated submission form and all supporting materials, must be received by end of day on Friday, September 9, 2022. (Deadline Extended)
Submissions may be made by email to email@example.com or in print by mail to 302-1005 Broad St, Victoria, BC V8W 2A1, c/o Royal & McPherson Theatres Society.
Visit the 2022 Greater Victoria Regional Arts Awards Program webpage for further information including Rules and Eligibility Criteria.